You are very welcome at our church meetings
Every Sunday morning at 10 o’clock at the following location:
Etty Hillesum Lyceum
Who we are?
The Free Baptist congregation in Deventer is a place where young and old are coming together to worship our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
We are a congregation that wants to be a witness how God, through Jesus Christ His son works in people, where fundamental questions are addressed and where is room to serve each other and where gifts of the Holy Spirit are being used for the glory of God. We want to strengthen each other in faith, knowledge and relationship to fulfill the great commandment of our God as written in
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
What we believe.
- About God: God is a Triune God, the Father, The Son and the Holy Spirit, one in being, three in person
- Scripture: the bible is the unfaultable word of God
- Sin: Through disobedience, mankind fell into sin
- Jesus Christ: Only through grace and faith in Jesus, a person can be saved
- Saving faith: Jesus through His death on the cross, payed for sin for everyone who believes in Him
- Holy Spirit: the third person in the trinity, thru God and called the comforter. He renews the heart of the believers.
- Congregation: the congregation is Gods family, consisting of thru believers that have repented from their sin, coming together for worship and praise, keeping the Holy Supper and baptism for believers. Spreading the gospel.
- Disciple: A follower of Jesus, standing in His footsteps
- Prayer: The way for the believer to communicate with God, seeking Him, worshipping Him and thanking Him
- Baptism: As an act of obedience when a person comes to faith in Jesus. Fulfilled through burial into the water
- Holy Supper: Sharing bread and wine to remember the death of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.